So you're interested in getting spray foam insulation in your home or commercial building. Below is our simple process from initial consultation to installation that will get you on the road to excellent insulation and energy efficiency.
- Reach Out! If you have questions about your current space or are building a new one, give us a call or fill out a form online. We'd love to talk with you and answer your questions.
- Site Visit. Based on your project, we'll need to determine the need for a site visit. Some projects are simple, such as pole buildings. We only need the length, height, and width, as well as the sizes of overhead doors, so we may not need an onsite visit. If you're looking at new construction, we'll just need a look at the plans. However, if your project is a remodel, basement, crawl space, or addition, there is a good chance a site visit will be necessary.
- A basic estimate will take approximately 3-5 days. Complicated projects will take up to a week. Once we develop the appraisal, it may include options for you to choose from.
- Estimate Selection and Approval. Once you receive the estimate, you will have time to review it. When you're ready, contact us to select and approve your estimate.
- Schedule Installation. If we're working on a remodel or new construction, we'll work directly with your general contractor to schedule the best time to install your spray foam insulation. Insulation is the last trade before your drywall is put in place.
- Here's the essential installation plan for your spray foam.
- The Slagel Insulation crew will arrive first thing in the morning.
- We'll do any necessary prep work to ensure that your property stays protected and that the job site is ready.
- Up next, we spray the foam insulation.
- Once we spray in the foam, it's time for the clean-up. Our goal is always to leave the space better than we found it.
- For most remodels, a property owner may be onsite. These installations may take a half day to a full day.
- Check out. A member of the Slagel Insulation team will check out with the property owner once the project is complete so that the property owner knows we've completed the work and the crew will be leaving the location.
- When the job is complete, you'll receive an invoice. Slagel Insulation accepts check and credit card payments. A processing fee may apply to credit card payments.
Slagel Insulation Expectations
A big question we receive is what can the property owner do to make the installation smoother. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Please keep the driveways cleared of vehicles so we can pull our trucks up to the building
- Spaces like hallways should be cleared so we can bring our equipment through easily
- Large items should be pulled a minimum of 5 feet away from walls where insulation is being sprayed
- Any animals should be confined so we have the freedom to move about and don't have to be concerned about the family pet escaping